Thursday, October 6, 2011

First Week with Baby C

The past week as not only been very busy but also very stressful.  I have not only be completely exhausted but also did something to my back the other day, which does not help when having to care for two little ones under that age of 2.

Chey is a beautiful little girl but she is also very demanding.  Compared to my other children she is in constant need of someone holding, carrying, or playing with her.  I don't know how people can get anything done around the house while having to hold or carry a child.  My children have never been this way, they have always been very independent, and to have a baby who is clingy is something out of the ordinary for me.  When you do not pick her up she tends to be very whiny and follows while crying and whining.  This tends to get very annoying but I have to remind myself that she is in a new environment with new people and that through time she will learn that someone does not always have to be by her side.  I try to provider her with the appropriate attention she needs, but also trying to give her space so she can play and grow on her own to break this behavior.

Not only is this hard on her, I also see changes in my son.  He has become very possesive of his toys, specifically his cars.  And it is almost like Chey knows this because she always tries to take his cars when he is playing with them.  I have been working hard at helping them both learn to share and I know this will take some time for both of them. 

Everyone is finally starting to get better from the cold that had everyone in the house under the weather.  This I hope will start to help us get a more routine schedule that works for everyone, as with the kids all sick no one was really having good sleeps, which makes for long and more often cranky days.  Overall I think the transition is going  well but again it has only been a week and through time things will slowly fall into place.  I just have to keep my patience in check and keep telling myself that everything will get better in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment