Monday, January 17, 2011

Introduction

    Will I would like to say thank you for visiting my blog and I hope my experiences as a stay-at-home dad are both intriguing and informative.  Blogging is a new world that was introduced to me through an online course that I am currently taking at Lakehead University.  My wife also suggested I start blogging about my daily adventures.  So here we go.

   My name is Joel Jacob and I have two children.  My daughter Paxton and son Isaiah. Each make my day both interesting and challenging.  That is what got me interested in sharing my life as it provides a persective into the all the fun, excitement, and frustration that can occur in a household.  

  My life as a stay-at-home dad started in the summer of 2010 when my wife got offered her dream job that she has persuded since her graduation.  With this offer, the decision for me to continue the duration of her leave was confirmed and the life of a stay-at-home dad began.

  It was a big change in my life as prior, I was working full time days and had got to spend very little time with my children as I would leave for work before they woke up and was home just before dinner.  So the time I got to spend with my children was limited during the work week.  This change was not only exciting, but scary and intimadating. I love my kids and enjoy every minute I get to spend with them, but to have to run a household was alot different then I was use too.  This challenge was the first of many that I had to over come.  Along with this, my son was developing into the little monster that I currently have today.  He was and still getting into anything and everything. My daughter is a great help with her little brother and she has the most creative and comedic personality.

   So over the past few months we have bonded in a way that a father should be able to bond with there children.  And it has changed my life in ways that I cannot described.  I will do my best to reliterate the past few months to try and provide a persective of what it is like to be a stay-at-home dad.

   I hope you enjoy my posts and please any comments and questions are encouraged as I am always learning and I would love to help other dads  in the same position.  Its a new era, and we all have to come together to teach, learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment