Thursday, January 20, 2011

Boys will be Boys

My son, the future mountain climber, doesn't stop climbing all day.  He climbs on tables, chairs, couchs, and just started to use the lip of the oven drawer  to stand on so he can reach the stove top.  The most frustrating thing about his new found talent is the fact that he will not stop no matter what I do.  When I catch him in the act he just smiles and laughs. It has gotten to the point where our dining room furniture has to be lied on its side so he cannot get on the table.  When he gets on a table, the next step is standing up.  Now I understand the thrill of climbing and the feeling of begin on top of the world, but his 'no fear' attitude will have us taking a field trip to the hospital.

   A few weeks ago we had to make a dentist appointment for my son, because he decided he want out of the bath tub.  So leg goes up and over the side of the tub and in the blink of an eye he slides head first on to the floor.  Now lets just say my son has earned his membership into the chip tooth club.

   I am very proud to say that it looks like he will follow in his fathers foot steps.  As a young boy, I knocked out both of my front teeth.  Not by climbing but by being a mischiefous little boy.  One I knocked out by jumping off my mom and dads bed, trying to fly like Superman. The other I was trying to run under the table, and lets just say I was to tall and SMACK, bye bye tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment