Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Little Surprise

My family has been fostering puppies for an organization in Calgary Alberta called Pawsitive Match, who helps rescue dogs from all over the world.  We started doing this as our dog Justus, is getting old and I am sad to say he may only have a few years left, so we want to start looking for a young pup to bring into our family. Fostering gives us the opportunity to have a variety of breds to try and find one that will fit into our family and lifestyle.  So last night, my wife came home with a 9 week old Husky puppy named Aspen who was rescued along with her brothers and sisters from the Northwest Territories.  She is very cute puppy with a great temperment.  My wife, for the last week has wanted to start fostering one but I was hesitant as I am coming up to the end of my semester and adding a puppy into the mix of an already busy day was not something I was looking forward too.  But both of us have a soft spot for puppies and she really want to foster one, so she went and picked her up without me knowing.  Now before this happened I told her if she was to bring one of the Huskies home I would not be able to let the dog go, and I have already grown fond of her, as when I was a young boy I grow up with three Huskies.  So with all that said we are the proud fosters of this wonderful, well-tempered puppy named Aspen, who we may consider to adopt in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment