Thursday, March 10, 2011

Past Couple of Days

The past of couple days have been fun exciting but also frustrating.  Let me start off with the fun and exciting.  The tile is finally done, now all that is left is for me to put up the base board, once the wife can decide whether she just wants me to put up the old stuff, or go and buy new stuff.  We had a fun day, my daughter and me, making a super big batch of peanut butter cookies.  So, yummy.  She is just like her mother and loves to eat all the cookie dough before the cookies are even baked.  I saved my wife some dough as she has been working the past few nights and I know how she loves cookie dough.  Along with that we did a lot of water color painting with both my daughter and son, which is fun for him as he ends up begin a multi-colored child by the time he is finished.

Now for the frustrating.  My nephew went to visit his mother, as of right now she does not have any of her 6 children.  He was suppose to return Sunday on the bus to my mother's (Grandma's) house but did not end up showing up.  He was not answering his cell phone and my sister does not want to give my mother and me her phone number because apparently all we do is wrong in her mind.  So since Sunday I have been on the phone with Dilco, the children service that removed the kids, trying to find out how or where he may be.  They would not send anyone to the address of my sisters because apparently they cannot be certain that she is even there. But the good news is that I finally got a hold of my nephew and he will be returned to the care of Dilco tomorrow.  So lets just say the past few days have been long, tiring and frustrating.  So now I am in the process of getting prepared to adopt my youngest niece as as there is a chance that she will go up for adoption as my sister has not yet got her act together.  The others are in a good place and when the time comes I will be taking them all into my home as my mother is not as young as she used to be and cannot handle the younger ones, but the older boys are with my mom and she will take care of them as long as they need.  It is a sad situation, but all that matters is the kids and they are the ones I am fighting for now as I have tried to help my sister with no avail.

So, the next few weeks will also be busy as my semester is almost up and I have a lot of work to do as much of my time was taking away due to the issue above.  So wish me luck in getting all my work done.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment